Monday, September 15, 2008

Should you let your past affect your present?

Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.



Dear Dynamite,
Why do I make decisions based primarily on what I think the other person would benefit from the most? I don't really think about myself, and I hope that the other person will think like I do and instead do what is best for me, and not themselves. Why? It's like a recipe for disappointment.

I know what I want, but I know it's not possible.

I think, now more than ever, the truth is so overrated and all people are fundamentally selfish. I know I am.


With love,
Cisfor

No comments: