Sunday, October 12, 2008

Long lost relatives.

So, I found out last night that one of my pledge sisters is related to me. I'm serious. She's my first cousin. Her mom and mom my are sisters...It's a long story why her and I have never met, but right now that's not even the point.

We were having a conversation about how fucked up our families are and exchanging stories/bonding or whatever. I asked her where she lived when she went home and where her brothers were living and she brought up foster care and the system. This prompted me to share stuff about the new addition to our family that moved into our house and out of the social care system...I dropped a few names, like, my "cousin" deanna and aunt veronica..At this point Connie had just been listening to the story and being nice and at least pretending to pay attention, but all of the sudden she got really interested and said, "What, what's the last name?" and I said..."Pena..." And she was like, "Oh my god, veronica is my mom!" Then she started to cry, which made me cry and I hugged her and said "We should really be on a reality t.v. show."

Totally random, right? I was in shock last night for a really long time after the fact. It's weird too because I knew my aunt had a daughter named Connie...and I always thought she looked so familiar (my pledge sister)...I just never put two and two together...but last night is just clicked. I don't even know what else to say about it. But how small is the world? And it's funny how fate steps into your life sometimes...isn't it? [By the way, this is totally the kind of drama people like to read in blogs...and we're for reals making it, Lol].

That's all for now,
<3t.

Ps. I apologize if the story is super jumbled, I've told it too many times at this point and don't have the energy to type a memoir right now but I really wanted to let you know this, Lol.

<333333333333333.

No comments: